TTT: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card

2 augustus 2016

While trying to decide what blogposts to do this week, I took look at this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic. They often have very interesting topics, but most of the time, I can't even think of 5 books to go with the topic. This week, it was different.
As someone with a never-ending bookish wishlist, and with the topic being 'Ten Books You'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card' the question wasn't if I could find enough books to go with the topic, but if I would be able to narrow it down! Luckily, I was able to. Kind of. And these are the books I picked: 

Radio SilenceSome Kind of Happinessmilk and honeyUnder Rose-Tainted SkiesRebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2)
The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1)The Invention of Hugo CabretFor Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)

Okay, okay, I know there are technically 11 book here, but it just looks better with 11. It's a nice kind of pyramid shape this way. 
Anyway, as you can see there are quite a few amazing books on my wishlist. I already own Pride and PrejudiceAlice's Adventures in Wonderland but the Classics Reimagined editions are just so so beautiful! These would definitely be at the top of my wishlist. Besides that, I've heard amazing things about Radio Silence and Under Rose-Tainted Skies through the #SundayYA chat on Twitter, which made me super excited to pick these up! I'm still a bit iffy about Under Rose-Tainted Skies though, but only because the topic is a bit close-to-home. I'd be equally excited about picking up the rest of the books on this list! I mean, look at how gorgeous The Invention of Hugo Cabret is! And I loved A Darker Shade of Magic, so I'm sure I'd love it's sequel: A Gathering of Shadows. And the five other books? Well, besides all having amazing covers, all of the synopses sound amazing and I've heard great things about them. I'm just going to dream about being able to afford all of these books now, sigh

So, what books would you pick up if someone gave you a gift card?

2 opmerkingen :

  1. I can totally speak for Rebel of the Sands and tell you it was amazing! Maybe the plot isn't super original, but the mythology aspect and the magic associated gives it a really good oomph that is so awesome! I hope you can get to reading them soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. A GATHERING OF SHADOWS!!!! I yet have to read it, but I can totally say that it will be amazing, because V.E.SCHWAB!!!! I really want to read Rebel of the Sands as well! It sounds amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen